Education / Aftercare / Extensions
We’re so excited you love your new mane! At home care is vital to the life of your extensions and the integrity of your natural hair.
Proper aftercare will not only extend the life of your hair, but also aids in maintaining the health of your natural hair and scalp. Read this info carefully! Bookmark this page or print this pdf and do not forget these tips and tricks – your mane will thank you later!
- Brush hair thoroughly to remove tangles and prevent matting BEFORE showering.
- Use your stylists recommended Oribe cleanser & conditioner OR another sulfate and paraben free product.
- Divide your locks into sections and gently shampoo starting at the scalp; work your way down and in between your rows – do not scrub vigorously remember to be gentle. We suggest and a second shampoo to fully cleanse the hair.
- Part your hair down the center all the way to the nap and let water run though hair to thoroughly rinse. Do not leave any product behind.
- Apply conditioner starting mid shaft and working your way down to the tips. Next, gently use a Wet Brush to evenly distribute product and to seal down the cuticle.
- Take your time and rinse thoroughly. Do not leave any product behind.
- We recommend a weekly mask for weft longevity and to strengthen + nourish.
BRUSH + BLOWDRY
- Towel dry your hair as best as possible before blow drying.
- Using a detangling brush, start from the ends of your hair and work your way up.
- Once you reach the top of the weft, stop brushing.
- We suggest clipping everything up except your natural hair underneath your bottom row, and start your brushing with that.
- Next, drop down your bottom row and brush that out / Next, drop out your natural hair in between the two rows, and brush that out. / Next, drop out your top row and brush that out. / Lastly, drop out your natural that is on top to complete the brushing process.
- Apply a heat protectant.
- Rough dry your hair 80% of the way (No tugging at the extensions with a round brush or comb. Use only your hands and fingers.)
- For a faster blow dry, section out each row and rough dry them separately.
- You can use a round brush and a small amount of tension to smooth your hair and the extensions, the last 20% of your blowdry.
- Brush thoroughly and make sure you’re going to bed with D R Y hair
- Do one or two loose braids and secure with a silk or velvet scrunchie. A loose low pony is another option, as well as a sway
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase.